Submit your BEST marketing campaigns from 2019 to AMA San Antonio’s premier marketing competition—the Marketing Excellence Awards (MEAs)!
There are a total of 9 categories from B2B to healthcare and education to non-profit. Back again this year is the AMA San Antonio “Marketing Innovation” category as well.
The “Marketing Innovation” category will honor one forward-thinking approach to marketing. This category focuses on how professionals use design, strategy, or execution to re-think the world of marketing and address the challenges, opportunities and possibilities of a campaign.
What are you waiting for? Flex your marketing muscles! Read the full contest rules now and start plotting how you will take home the gold!
How to Enter
The Marketing Excellence Awards (MEAs) is an annual awards competition for San Antonio-area marketers.
- To submit an entry, you must complete an online form.
- Every entry requires a separate online form.
- All entries should include one PDF with creative sample(s) of the campaign. It is the submitters responsibility to confirm the PDF was successfully uploaded/received.
- The complete form and payment must be received by the deadline to be considered. See “Payment” section for link to pay or click here.
- No refunds will be issued.
- The MEAs are open to all San Antonio-area marketing professionals. AMA membership is not required in order to participate.
- There is no limit to the number of campaigns that can be submitted; however, each campaign can only be entered into one category. See categories below.
- The campaign must have been predominantly executed within the 2019 calendar year.
- The work/campaign must be completed by a San Antonio-area firm, business, agency or organization or for a client in the San Antonio DMA.
- Banking/Financial Services
- Business to Business
- Healthcare/Medical Services
- Higher Education/K-12
- Tourism/Entertainment/Food & Beverage
- Marketing Innovation – only 1 award will be given!
*Note: The Wildcard Category is for any submission that does not fit into one of the other categories.
Should a category receive less than three submissions, the contest managers have the discretion to merge the entries into the “Wildcard” category.
|Early Bird |
due March 15
|Last Chance |
due March 29
Submit more than three entries to receive $5 off per entry!
To pay for your entries, click here.
- The Early Bird deadline is Sunday, March 15, 2020 at midnight.
- The Last Chance deadline is Sunday, March 29, 2020 at midnight.
All work must be submitted, including the PDF, and payment must be received by the deadline. No exceptions.
- AMA San Antonio recruits volunteers from other AMA chapters to serve as judges. The judges are professional marketers with varied backgrounds in the marketing industry.
- Judges will select the winners based on the information provided on the entry form with emphasis on the creative execution and campaign results.
- The judging rubric is based on 100 points:
|Creativity and Implementation||40 points|
|Evidence of Success||50 points|
- All winners will be announced at the Marketing Excellence Awards ceremony on Thursday, June 11, 2020. Save the date!
- Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and (if applicable) honorable mention in each category.
- The 2020 MEAs Ceremony:
Thursday, June 11, 2020
Cocktails- 6:30 to 7 p.m. / Dinner- 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- Individual ticket sales will open by mid-May.
Sponsorship opportunities are available now:
- Table of 8
- Cocktail Hour
- Innovation Award sponsorship – $500 each – includes naming rights to the award for 1-year. Ex. ACME Co. Innovation Award