AMA San Antonio is proud to present the 2019 Marketing Excellence Awards. This prime competition invites San Antonio-area marketing professionals to submit their BEST campaigns from 2018 to see if they make the cut.
There are a total of 10 categories from B2B to healthcare and education to non-profit. New this year, AMA San Antonio is introducing the “Rising Star” and “Marketing Innovation” categories as well.
The “Rising Star” award will recognize one emerging leader in marketing who reflects exceptional work and growth in contribution to the San Antonio marketing community.
The “Marketing Innovation” category will honor one forward-thinking approach to marketing. This category focuses on how professionals use design, strategy, or execution to re-think the world of marketing and address the challenges, opportunities and possibilities of a campaign.
What are you waiting for? Read the full contest rules now and find out if you make the cut!
How to Enter
- The Marketing Excellence Awards (MEAs) is an annual awards competition for San Antonio-area marketers.
- To submit an entry, you must complete an online form. Every entry requires a separate online form.
- All entries should include one PDF with creative sample(s) of the campaign. It is the submitters responsibility to confirm the PDF was successfully uploaded/received.
- The complete form and payment must be received by the deadline to be considered. See “Payment” section for link to pay.
- No refunds will be issued.
- The MEAs are open to all San Antonio-area marketing professionals. AMA membership is not required in order to participate.
- There is no limit to the number of campaigns that can be submitted; however, each campaign can only be entered into one category. See categories below.
- The campaign must have been predominantly executed within the 2018 calendar year.
- The work/campaign must be completed by a San Antonio-area firm, business, agency or organization or for a client in the San Antonio designated market area (DMA).
- Banking/Financial Services
- Business to Business
- Healthcare/Medical Service
- Higher Education/K-12
- Tourism/Entertainment/Food & Beverage
- 2019 Rising Star – only 1 award will be given!
- Marketing Innovation – only 1 award will be given!
Note: The Wildcard Category is for any submission that does not fit into one of the other categories. Should a category receive less than three submissions, the contest managers have the discretion to merge the entries into the “Wildcard” category.
| Early Bird (extended) |
due March 24
| Last Chance |
due April 15
Submit more than three entries to receive $5 off per entry! If submitting more than 3 entries, use promo code “PRIME” to receive $5 off per entry!
- To pay for your entries, click here.
- The Early Bird deadline is now Sunday, March 24, 2019 at midnight.
- The Last Chance deadline is Monday, April 15, 2019 at midnight.
All work must be submitted, including the PDF, and payment must be received by the deadline. No exceptions.
- AMA San Antonio recruits volunteers from other AMA chapters to serve as judges. The judges are professional marketers with varied backgrounds in the marketing industry.
- Judges will select the winners based on the information provided on the entry form with emphasis on the creative execution and campaign results.
- The judging rubric is based on 100 points:
|Creativity and Implementation||40 points|
|Evidence of Success||50 points|
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Cocktails 6:30 to 7 p.m. |Dinner 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- All winners will be announced at the Marketing Excellence Awards ceremony on Wednesday, June 12, 2019. Save the date!
- Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and (if applicable) honorable mention in each category.
- Individual ticket sales will open by mid-May.
|Gold Level Sponsor||$1,500|
|Table (8 seats)||$1,000|
|Award Sponsor||$500 or $750|
|Cocktail Hour Sponsor||$500|
|Rising Star Award Sponsor (includes naming rights to the |
award for one year. Ex. “ACME Co. Rising Star Award”)
|Innovation Award Sponsor (includes naming rights to|
the award for one year)